IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wouldd The Ipad Be The Right Choice For Me?
Options
Diamonds
post Jun 13 2011, 11:09 AM
Post #1

Green Apple

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,437

Wouldd the iPad be the right choice for me?
Im a 13 year old girl and i already own a mac , (itssaa laptop but its a little bit older than a macbook pro) and my parents said i am aloud to get one for christmas, [i have a twin brother so he would get one too and my parents said they are iffy on getting us both macbooks since that would be 2500 dollars on 2 presents]) soo yeaah ; heres a list of the things i do on my laptop ;

-surfing the web (facebook, email, formspring, etcc.)
-imovie
-microsoft messenger
-itunes
-youtube
-writing stuff for school (but i know that you can buy an iPad keyboard soo .. )
-ichat

And that kind of stuff. Thanks so much. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
machmeter
post Jun 13 2011, 02:01 PM
Post #2

Belgian Foundry

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,632

Yes the iPad would sound like a reasonable choice.

- You can of course go on internet with Safari on the iPad, and with iOS 5 that will come out in September, the interface will include many features of Mac OS version (tabs, Reader, etc). Mail is also included, and it is improved in iOS 5. I think the update will be free for iPad 2 users, as Apple said last year that iPad owners would get one upgrade free.
- There is an iMovie version on the iPad. It is of course limited, but you can do some simple editing.
- There is a Windows Live Messenger App available on the App Store.
- The music is of course included as well as the iTunes Store.
- Youtube is also integrated in iOS
- For that, you might indeed need a physical keyboard, you can use the wireless bluetooth one or the dock/keyboard one.
- iChat is not part of iOS, there is FaceTime instead, which can reach both Mac OS and iOS devices.

In addition, with the new iOS feature "PC Free", you can always use your iPad without ever needing to connect it physically to your computer. You can synchronize everything through the Cloud and wireless sync with iTunes.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 08:39 PM